MCAP strengthens members’ capacity to provide quality services and opportunities that empower individuals and families to achieve economic security.
All individuals and families are stable, economically secure, and live in safe and thriving communities.
Maryland Community Action Partnership (MCAP) is a nonprofit, multi-regional association. that advocates on behalf of community action agencies (CAAs) and partnering organizations who serve low-income individuals and families in Maryland, Delaware and the District of Columbia. We work to ensure low-income voices are heard at the local, state, and national levels.
Our regional reach provides a variety of programs and services that include:
- Head Start/ Early Childhood Programs
- Households receive emergency assistance and energy assistance
- Homeless individuals receive food and shelter services
- Individuals obtain job training and placement
- Seniors/disabled individuals receive institutionalization prevention services and care
- Individuals obtain access to reliable transportation that enables them to work
- Community volunteers commit their valuable resources of time and skills to help carry out our mission, and
- Weatherization assistance program services and emergency food services